Swimming was a bust
So, we get to the swimming pool on Friday and there is a fire truck and an ambulance outside. We gather up our stuff and head inside anyways. Just as we get to the front door, someone is being taken out on a stretcher. Inside, things look normal. We line up and pay to get in. Change into our swimsuits and head to the showers. As I am about to shower, a lady tells me to wait a bit. "There's something in the pool," she says knowingly, "and they're not letting anyone in the pool yet."
I head out to the pool area with my daughter and we meet my husband and the boys on the pool deck. No one is in the pool and the lifeguards are keeping everyone back from the sides. What happened, we wonder?
Eventually, the answer filters down to the would-be swimmers. Someone vomitted in the pool. They have to wait for the maintenance guy to clean it up. OH. We decide we don't want to swim after all...
After changing and getting a refund on our admission, we head over to "Sportsworld" where we blow $20 worth of tokens on air hockey and electronic bowling. Returning home, we decide we will try swimming again next week. I will be patient.
8 comments:
ewwwwwwww.
ahem......I second that, Sara!
Let me add my ewwwwwwww to dear saras!!!
Having been a lifeguard for many, many, MANY years- that's hardly the worst it could be! LOL But, I definitely understand your request for a refund! LOL Sounds like your time (and refund) were still well spent! ;)
eek! That is gross! At least you wound up still having fun though :)
Hey sweet friend, I like the new look of your blog. By the way, you never said anything to me during my grief that hurt, or offended me. You have always been very kind to me, love you so much.
Oh great! At least it come before you went in the pool, not while you were swimming, ewww!
YUCK!!! BTW, I like your blog's new look! Very cool!! Beth- I was a lifeguard, too! (At my age 20, still would wear a bathing suit days... ahh youth...) LOL!
Lisa
Post a Comment