And me without my acceptance speech handy...
Yup, yesterday I was tagged by Sharon of Keeper of the Home with a Thinking Blogger Award. She chose this blog and four others as blogs that make you think. Thank you Sharon for thinking of me. It's both exciting and humbling to be thought of that way.
This is how it works: I write a post tagging MY five picks and link back to Sharon's Then if, and only if, you are tagged, write a post with five links to blogs that make you think.
Link to this post so people can find the exact origin of the meme.
Optional: proudly display the Thinking Blogger Award with a link to the post that you wrote. Here are two versions to choose from at the end of this post.
So, without further ado, here are my five picks for blogs that make me think:
- First and foremost, Sara from Toward the Mark. Sara doesn't shy away from the tough questions. She airs her doubts and difficulties and in the end understands that faith doesn't have to be unwavering to be genuine. Sara is currently on hiatus following the birth of her son, but I look forward to her return.
- Second, Kari from Healed Waters. How can I put this without it sounding like hyberbole? Every single thing she posts makes me think. Kari is also on hiatus right now. That's ok. She's a writer at heart and I'm sure one day she will make a reappearance. In the meantime, stop in and check out her archives.
- Third, Leigh Ann of Seeing Afar Off. She's touched on topics ranging from the Trinity to authority under God to the fullness of God's grace. She doesn't post often, but what she posts is always worth the time.
- Fourth, The Rebellious Pastor's Wife is a confessional Lutheran like me. Her posts have really made me reflect on the role of the pastor's wife and the expectations that the congregation places on her. She was recently interviewed for a piece in Time magazine which can be found here if you're interested. I am a lurker and occasional commenter to her blog, so I imagine she'll be quite surprised at how I've chosen to formally introduce myself!
- Last, Holly at Seeking Faithfulness is another blog I lurk at. She's also a pastor's wife with plenty of thought provoking (and humourous!) posts on a variety of subjects.


3 comments:
Congratulations my thinking friend!! Enjoy!!
Congrats sweet one, very well deserved. I love the new look of your blog.
Really? Me?
That is so nice of you!!!!!
(Go forth and multiply! You are very humorous! I guess I've already fulfilled that command....
Oh. You meant the thinking awards...)
:)
Love to you -
Post a Comment