Double meme
Before I got sick, Lisa, Sharon and Debbie all tagged me to do an "8 random things" meme. (I had to actually give this some thought - it's not as easy as it looks!) Then I noticed today that KitKat has tagged me for this "Literary meme". So here they are:
That was random
~ I read, write and speak pretty decent French and German, and I know a little Spanish as well. Enough to get by if I went to Mexico for a week. ~
~ My husband thinks that this is a bit weird: Say we stop somewhere for a burger. My husband will simply unwrap his and begin eating it. I, however, must first open up the burger and inspect it to make sure that the condiments have been evenly distributed. If they're not, I'll move them around so that the burger is evenly covered. Then it's ok to begin eating. ~
~ When I was a kid, I took lessons in baton twirling, judo and synchronized swimming. I am only proficient in synchro. ~
~ I have this thing about public washrooms and will go to great lengths to avoid using them. Too much info? ~
~ I flew in an airplane for the first time in my life last year when I turned 40. ~
~ I am a history buff. I enjoy reading historical novels or non-fiction and watching the history channel. I have a particular fondness for the American Civil War period, the ancient Egyptian dynasties and the period in British history leading up to the Battle of Hastings. ~
~ I love riding roller coasters! It's one part terror, one part exhilaration. ~
~ When I fix myself a coffee, I always put the cream in the bottom of the cup first and then fill it up with coffee. I can tell the difference if it's been prepared the other way. Really! (Ok, maybe I have a few neuroses...) ~
A little light reading
Here's how the literary meme works:
1. Grab the book closest to you
2. Open it to page 161
3. Find the fifth full sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog
5. Don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you.
6. Tag five people to do this meme.
Ok. The book that is actually closest to me is a book belonging to my daughter called The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes. Unfortunately this book only has 121 pages. The book that is next closest to me is The Book of Concord.
Page 161, 5th full sentence reads: "We are renewed, as Paul says (Col. 3:10, 2 Cor. 3:18) "in knowledge, " and "beholding the glory of the Lord, we are changed into his likeness"; that is, we acquire the true knowledge of God, enabling us truly to fear him and to trust that he cares for us and hears us."
Good quote, huh? Makes me look smart, doesn't it?
I am supposed to tag 5 more players, but I am curious to know what Shortybear Denise, Sharon and Sharon, Sara, Lisa, Denise H. and Debbie are reading these days. Beth, you are off the hook since you are travelling and on a break, *wink*.
1 comment:
Hello again! Glad you are feeling better! Wow, first plane trip at 40. That's so cool! I'm not too good with public bathrooms either; you are not alone in this!! LOL!!!
I will take up the literary challenge!
Post a Comment