Summer Reading Contest!

Hey ho everybody, I'm having a contest! This is not a ploy to increase traffic to my blog, *wink*! It just so happens that I have an online gift certificate for Amazon.com that is only good for the U.S. site and since I can't use it on the Canadian site, I thought I would give it to one of my bloggin' buddies in the U.S. The problem is, how do I choose who to give it to?? To solve that condondrum I have decided to have a little contest to give away the gift certificate.
To enter, tell me what your favourite book of all time is, and why. Post it to your blog and link back to this blog entry. It doesn't have to be long - this is just a $10 certificate, folks! And please leave me a note in the comments here so I know that you have entered. I'll leave the contest open until say...June 15th, and then our panel of judges (me, myself and I) will pick our favourite entry based on specific (totally subjective) criteria. And I'm such a good sport that if the winning entry comes from somewhere outside the U.S., I'll find a suitable replacement prize for the winner (like a certificate that they can use) and award the U.S. gift certificate as a second place prize to another entry.
So get your entries in and don't forget to tell your friends to enter as well. Because this is so not about increasing traffic to my blog. Heh heh...
18 comments:
Hmmm...what I could do with $10 at Amazon! But, as an English teacher, how do I narrow it down to just one!? *wink*
I will be entering your contest dear one.
My entry is now posted sweety.
I will have to do this, but favorite book of all time?......
Hmmmm.....this is going to be difficult.
I just hopped over from Denise at Shortybear's place. I'll be glad to play. Look for my post in the next day or 2. Thanks for the opportunity!
Hi Gretchen! I'll look for your post!
Howdy--I'm baaaaack. I'm all posted and linked, etc. Thanks again. I hope you get some more traffic, even though I know you're so not doing it for the traffic. ;)
Okay Anita, I finally got it up and linked. :)
Are you going to post pics of the drawing? Oh, never mind that last question. I just re-read your post and realized the drawing will be based on your favorite entry.... *blushing*
It takes me awhile sometimes *grin*
Debbie, you silly goose!
How fun!! I will try to make a post that links to your blog. I just made my first link in a blog entry the other day (I was so proud of myself. LOL!), and I hope that it wasn't just beginner's luck.
Neat contest!!:-)
Here by way of Debbie...and since you aren't trying to get more blog traffic or anything.
How long is this contest? Mostest Favorite book of ALL time? Don't you think that is quite impossiable? Well, I have to post something for Friday. Perhaps...
Hi DaPoppins - I've read your blog a time or two. You are wicked funny!
I automatically win if my favorite book is LOTR, right?
Great contest! My post is up!
I checked it out Kimba, and that does sound like a book I'd like!
Sara - now you're thinking!
I'm back and I finally got my post up: http://twolittlevikings.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-favorite-book.html
Thanks, Anita, for doing this!
Hi there - I've posted my entry at
http://dawnandjimmy.us/blog/2007/06/14/5-people/
Thanks for the contest :)))
Yeah, I hear ya. Those people who hold contests just to increase blog traffic....they are lame I tell you...lame. I can see right through their scheme.
If you have a minute, check out my (lame scheme) contest for a chance at $20 to amazon.com! hee hee hee
http://www.pediascribe.com/20070525/free-money-up-for-grabs/
Post a Comment