Safe and sound
My daughter returned last night from Ottawa, tired and happy. Her foot is going to be ok. It was not major at all.
She was able to go on the prayer walk - or in her case hobble - after all. They arrived at Parliament Hill around 1 pm, around 600 Lutheran kids plus about 60 leaders. It couldn't have been 3 minutes after they arrived, when the bells in the Peace Tower began playing "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God". Which of course is about as quintessentially a Lutheran hymn as you can get! Isn't that neat?
When she couldn't walk anymore, Alli joined some other kids at the foot of the stairs to the House of Commons. There they took turns reading aloud from the Gospels according to Luke and John. Politians and tourists were entering and leaving constantly. Alli was hoping that some one would stop and ask them what they were doing, but no one did. Still God's word was proclaimed.
In all the kids walked and prayed and read Scripture for 4 hours at our nation's capital.
Here's a bit of trivia I never new before: See the Canadian flag at the top of the Peace Tower? It measures 7 feet by 12 feet. They put a new one up every day and give away the old ones to citizens. If you want to get one you can put your name on a waiting list that is currently THIRTEEN YEARS long! I think I'm gonna pass. What would I do with a 12 foot flag anyway?
6 comments:
Bless Alli, I am so glad that she got to go on the prayer walk, that is special.
Wow what an awesome experience for Alli!!! That is a great testimony!!!
And I agree with you about the flag... I wonder what all the people who get them do with them? I'm sure some would install a flag pole... maybe other's just display it somehow in their homes??? Hmmmmm...
You know, this sorta looks like the Biltmore. It really does remind me of it except for the clock tower.
It's wonderful that Alli was able to participate. Please tell her not to be discouraged because no one stopped. As you said, God's word was still proclaimed. It went out and will not return void.
As for the flag, I don't know what I would do with it either, but I think I would put my name on the list just for fun. :)
Who knows, maybe ebay......
Praise God for her ability to still participate! Wa-hoo! And, what an awe-inspiring confirmation with "Fortress" playing for their arrival! God is pleased! You have a beatiful capital, btw! And, glad she's home safely!
I am so glad that your DD was able to participate in such a special event! it looks like such an incredible time for the kids.
That capital building is just breathtaking! One of my "travel goals" is to be able to visit Canada. I have never been farther north than Minnesota, but I plan to see all of the beautiful places in Canada *someday*. The way my travel plans are going, it may be in my retirement years. :)
Ah, "Fortress"!! :) Beautiful hymn that gives me shivers. I still don't need a hymnal for that one. We sang it so many times that I have it stored in the hymnal in my head.
I think we sang that Lutheran hymn in a baptist church last Sunday - I'm not positive though because Jack was acting up. It would make sense though - the Pastor grew up LCMS.
I'm really happy for Alli and her foot! :-)
Post a Comment