He is coming
I have a hard time remembering that it is Advent now and Christmas is around the corner. To me, Christmas time means cold and snow. We feel like it is summer because we are in shorts and sandals and we are not thinking about the upcoming holiday much.
This is the third time in the last 5 years that we have taken a vacation at the beginning of December. If I am at home, "preparing for the coming of Christ" usually turns into a ridiculously long (and mostly unnecessary) list of stuff to do to get ready for Christmas Day. I really try not to, but somehow each year "stuff" creeps in...and it can all to easily take over and obscure the Christ Child.
In a strange way, taking a holiday just before Christmas keeps me from getting carried away with "stuff". By the time I come back from my vacation, it is too late to get much done anyway. No baking, no shopping, no gift wrapping. Little decorating beyond getting the tree up. No parties, no open houses.
And yet Christmas comes any way.
Me and my silly rushing around. Come, Lord Jesus, come!
7 comments:
Hello my sweet friend, love you.
Glad you're having fun on your vacation. I also agree with your post. It is easier to not get carried away when you don't have time to. Also when most of your decorations are in another country. LOL
Amen. Even so.
and beth, lol
ohhhh. You're the Beth, my Beth was talking about! hello! and still...lol!
Just what I need to hear today...thanks, hon. (((hugs)))
Hello!!! I'm so excited about you and Debbie getting to meet and visit!! Glad that your trip is going well! John and I spent our honeymoon at WDW! You're going at a great time of year, not too hot or busy!!
Hugs,
Lisa
Hey niter! I sent you some mail!
Post a Comment