A prayer request
My Oma (grandma) is in need of prayer. She developed celulitis (ulcers, basically) in her feet earlier this fall and due to circulatory problems in her legs the ulcers have never really healed. She is now in danger of losing her feet and possibly a leg. The only option is to have bypass surgery on her legs.
Of course, at 86 years old, surgery carries greater risks, so I would ask that you pray for Oma and for her surgeons. She will be having the surgery just as soon as a bed is available - hopefully sometime this weekend.
Oma is in quite good spirits though. When told that among the complications was the possibility that she could die, she responded "That's ok too."
I'm not really afraid that Oma will die. She has been lonely since my Opa died in 2003 and she has said flat out that she is ready to die. Once she said, "Who knew it would take so long to die?" She is basically just waiting to go home, so if she dies I am comforted in knowing that she desires to be with her Saviour. I am actually more worried that they won't be able to save her feet/leg. If they can't, they will have to remove them. That frightens me.
They expect that she will be in hospital for about 2 weeks after the surgery to recover, so we're talking right over Christmas. My aunt Trudy is coming from Australia after Christmas to look after Oma when she gets home.
I will keep you updated as I hear more. Thank you to everyone who is willing to lift up this need.
13 comments:
I am lifting your Oma up in my prayers.
praying.
saw that you called (caller id). fell asleep putting the boys to bed.
Your Oma is in my prayers!
My best friend since jr high school got celulitis in June 2001. She's 2 years younger than me and she nearly died from it!
Thankfully she is doing very well these days. With God's help she lost about 400 lbs and although she still has the celulitis (I guess it's one of those things that's never "cured" just managed) she is serving God with more strength and faith than ever before!
Your Oma is in the best hands! You have nothing to fear. God tells us at least 365 times in His Word, "Do not fear." So feel His comfort and KNOW that no matter what happens God is in control!!!
Love you!
Marilee
My family and I will have your Oma in our prayers!
Thank you very much everyone. We are still waiting for a bed to become available and then they will do the surgery. My Oma lives in Tillsonburg which is about an hour and a half from here. Her surgery is in London which is a further hour away. We are right in the middle of a snow storm now, so I am praying that the Lord, in His perfect timing, will work it all out.
Prayer for your dear Oma!
Oh, that's what I get for commenting while my DD was leaning on my shoulder asking if she can play webkins NOW. I meant to say that I am "Praying for your dear Oma." Sorry.
I pray your Oma's surgery goes well and that she fully recovers.
Hugs and prayers to you...
Just seeing this now as I get caught up from the weekend...praying here as well.
How much snow did you end up getting? Our 2.5 hour drive home from Detroit turned into FIVE and we woke up to sleet and 8-10 inches.
Beth, you were very much in my prayers yesterday! I had heard that the weather that way was going to be horrendous. I'd say we got about a foot of snow. We were fortunate in that the wind wasn't too bad here and we didn't get the freezing rain/ice pellets that they were calling for. Just lots and lots of snow!
I've gotten behind in visiting lately, but I will be praying.
Keeping her in prayer, too! Please keep us posted!
Hugs,
Lisa
Post a Comment