Ten Week Exercise Commitment

Sigh. This sounded so good back in December when it was still over a month away.

Actually, I've been trying since the beginning of January to up my daily exercise. I admit, I've been inconsistent. I think the problem is, I hate the treadmill. My husband has been using it; Alli has been using it. Me, not so much. I can manage about 5 minutes before I am bored to tears and I give up.

However, I'm going to try to remember the FlyLady's motto: "You can do anything for 15 minutes." My goal is 90 minutes of exercise a week - that translates into 30 minutes 3 times a week, or 15 minutes 6 times a week. But I think I might go back to using an exercise video instead, which I find much more fun than standing on that treadmill. Why did I ever buy that thing??

Oh, and my husband has lost 5 pounds!

10 comments:

sara said...

What I want to know is what am I supposed to do with the kids while I'm sweatin to the oldies?

Denise said...

You go girl, I am cheering you on.

sara said...

and oh yeah, you can soooo do this.

Thursday's Child said...

I had a treadmill when I lived in Lebanon. My idea was to watch TV while I walked. Due to not wanting little fingers pinched I walked during their naptime. But then I'd have to crank up the TV. So I just read instead. Have to say it was a blast when the power went out (at least once during the 30 minutes) and it came to a sudden stop. But I never fell off!

BTW, I walked for 30 minutes today while the girls were swimming. Gotta love my iPod!

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

It's tough to do treadmill and do nothing else, I agree. I usually bounce too much for me to read. I have headphones and my PDA which plays fast-tempo stuff. Linkin Park is good workout music. :)

Dan

Granny Annie said...

I don't know if you read silverfox whispers, but go to her blog and see what she did with her treadmill. http://www.silverfox-whispers.com/

Also, I ride my stationery bike and wear headphones to watch movies on my DVD player when I ride. It really makes the time go quickly.

a soldier's wife said...

I like the sound of 15 minutes 6 days...sounds much better in my head when I'm chanting it to myself :) I can't do the treadmill or things like that, because it bores me to tears too. I like working out at the gym, but only if I have someone with me, which is almost...never so that leaves me with my exercise dvd's which I do enjoy once I make the effort to turn them on :)

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

How about an audio book of a title you've *really* wanted to read? Then, you can only listen to when you walk? Motivation to get on the darn thing and motivation to STAY on if you get to a good part! *wink*

Or, even get an audio version of the Bible and do some Scripture and improve your spirit while improving your heart! :)

Lisa said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Cheering for you from CA!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Leigh Ann said...

I would give up on the treadmill if I didn't have the telly. At the gym where I go I am usually the only one there so I can crank up the volume. If not it has subtitles that I can read. Otherwise, I would fall asleep from boredom and probably fall off the thing and break my neck.