My Oma

Hi everybody. I have some bad news, my Oma has to have her toes amputated. They are doing it today. Her one leg is ok, but the other one is not getting any better. The circulation in that leg is so impaired that they don't think her toes will ever get better. She's been living with a lot of pain for a long time and given the choice between losing her toes or continuing to live with the pain, I guess losing her toes looked better.

They had two doctors evaluate her to make sure that she understood what she is agreeing to. I guess at her age they have to make sure. I think it's kind of funny because believe me, there's no problem with my Oma's mind, she's as sharp as ever. Still just the thought of it is upsetting to me, you know.

Anyways, I guess I don't have to ask, but I'd sure appreciate it if you would add your prayers to my own.

10 comments:

Denise said...

Sweetie, you, and your precious Oma have my thoughts and prayers. I love you.

Debbie said...

Praying for you and her...........

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, honey. I'm sorry. My grandpa had to have something similar done. For a WW2 vet who was a POW who escaped on two occasions and continued to serve, it was a tough blow. But, in his case, he was able to stay at home with people coming in to ck on him.

Praying for the best result possible for your Oma.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Oh, and I tagged ya for a meme if you are in the mood...

Anonymous said...

*praying* dear friend!!!

a soldier's wife said...

I'll be praying for you and your family

Leigh Ann said...

Praying for your Oma.

Lisa said...

Hey girl, I'm sorry to hear about this. I will pray for her!

Thursday's Child said...

I just read this today. I hope everything went well for her.

KitKat said...

So sorry that I am late on this one, but I will continue to keep your Oma in my prayers.