tidbits
I'm sorry everyone. I do not have a meatball recipe to share. I make them different every time.
~ ~ ~
I wish my camera was working! Just a few blocks from my house, the Mennonite farmers are plowing their fields with their old farm implements and preparing their fields for planting. Today I saw a little Mennonite boy, dressed in a button down shirt with suspenders, playing in the apple orchard while two ladies wearing long sleeved dresses and black bonnets sat under a tree doing some needlework. Peaceful.
~ ~ ~
I have to have some tests for a health problem I've been having. I covet your prayers.
~ ~ ~
Here's a post by Beth (Kuwaiti Beth) that I really enjoyed. Very insightful. (And with a very Lutheran perspective.)
~ ~ ~
My husband came home yesterday with 2 new-to-us bicycles! A client of his wanted to get rid of them and offered them to my husband - for free! Mine needs air in the tires and some WD-40 on the chain. I haven't ridden a bike in about 10 years so I am hoping not to embarrass myself.
~ ~ ~
I have some plans this for this summner that I am dying to share, but I can't yet. And, no, this time it does not involve a trip to North Carolina :) Hoping to let everyone in on the secret soon though!
3 comments:
I'll be praying for you.
I know what you mean about wanting a camera. Sometimes we'll be driving a long and they're will be a local family having a picnic on the beach (or a bunch of them). Women in their abeyas, tiny little boys in the dishdashas, and me without my camera. You'd think I'd learn, huh?
Hello my dear friend, lifting you up in my prayers. I love you.
Anita - I didn't want to post to Beth because I don't know her well and don't what her to take offense but I have a Q about her post.
My understanding is that God is always present and always "there" and that He has given us freewill. He never "steps away" from us but unfortunately we can choose not to follow Him.
Thus, while our Salvation has nothing to do with us and is entirely due to His grace, we still have to make the choice to come back into relationship with Him for it to occur.
I understand what she's are saying about the gift of faith but my impression has been that the progression isn't gift-realization-relationship but realization-gift-relationship.
Does that make sense?
Post a Comment