This wireless life
The thing about the BlackBerry is you are always connected. You can get phone calls and email virtually anywhere in the world - heck that's old news.
I'm able to blog from this device (I am doing so right now) and I can check your blogs too. I can easily check facebook and Twitter from it as well. Texting is a breeze - so much so that I probably text more than I make phone calls. I have internet access pretty much anywhere if I am willing to pay the data roaming charges. It really is a marvellous little device and there is a lot to love about it.
Now that the novelty of it has worn off, I'm beginning to wonder if being able to blog on the toilet (if one was so inclined - which I am NOT!) is such a good thing after all. Do people REALLY need to be connected all the time? I think an argument can be made that these devices that are supposed to help us stay connected can also play a role in DISconnecting us from those around us.
Case in point: last night Ken and I sat beside each other in bed - I with my BlackBerry, updating my blog and Ken with his iTouch, watching a movie.
Tonight gadgets are offlimits and we are going swimming.
2 comments:
Praying all is well with you my friend, love you.
Have fun! ;)
Post a Comment