Please pray

Hi all,

My boss, John, has been going through a terrible time lately. Since the beginning of December he has gone, literally, from one crisis to the next. John is a Christian (in fact, we all are where I work) and but for his faith I don't know how he would be able to stand up under it all. The list of stresses he has endured is long:

  • his oldest daughter seriously injured her leg and is in a great deal of pain, so much so that she has had to drop out of university
  • his father had a heart attack while vacationing in Florida
  • his basement flooded and requires a complete restoration
  • his younger daughter suffered a concussion
  • he was involved in a serious car accident, requiring thousands of dollars in repairs
  • his younger daughter was involved in a minor car accident; more repairs
  • his wife was in yet another car accident; the damage is serious and the kids that hit her weren't insured
  • and finally, his oldest daughter (in addition to her leg injury) has been suffering from a mysterious ailment and is undergoing tests; lupus is suspected and she is also being tested for Crohn's

Please consider lifting up these concerns to the Lord on behalf of John and his family. Bless you all.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my! Praise God that he is a Christian and that he (and you) work in a Christian environment! Take care!

Lisa :-)

Debbie said...

I will pray and I will also put in prayer request for them at church tonight.

Denise said...

Bless this familys heart, will be lifting them up in my prayers.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

OMgoodness! Of course!

Allison said...

Praying of course...what a testing time they must all be going through.

Lisa said...

We were going through 1Peter Chapter 1 and the beginning of Chapter 2 last night in Bible Study. The whole book of 1 Peter has the theme of suffering. Maybe he would be blessed by reading it,knowing that God is with us in every trial.

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

praying

Anonymous said...

Hi Anita...it's Eileen. I left "Sufficient Grace" awhile back..and took a LONG blog break. I am at http://halfwayhome.wordpress.com these days. I will definitely lift prayers up for all here.

Kari said...

Praying!