I have this CRAZY idea

I've been thinking about this for quite some time now, but I haven't been sure how to broach the subject...so, I'm just gonna put this out there and see what you guys think...


What would you think...




...about having some kind of get-together?





I mean a face-to-face get-together somewhere sorta central that we could all meet IRL.


What would you think of that?


At this point, this is no more than a fond wish of mine. I have no idea if there would be any interest beyond my own and whether it would even be a realistic possibility. I imagine we'd have to plan pretty far in advance to pull something like this off. But would you?


I'm just thinking about it...but if you think you might, at some point in the future be interested in doing something like that, let me know, 'kay?

avandenberg8
(at)
netscape
(d0t)
net

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Only if you guarantee that I will be as skinny as one of the blondes in the picture you posted!! LOL...


Seriously though....Do you EVEN have to ask me this with as many converstations that we've had??????

Suitcase packed!!

Denise said...

Well, let me think about this, hmmmmmmmmmmm, Yes! Yes!

Anonymous said...

I'm in! Yes!

Unashamed said...

Debbie - nah, I knew you'd be in and I figured Sara too, 'cause we've talked about this already. But you know, in the back of my mind, I wondered would anybody REALLY go through with it? I mean, you hear these stories about people on the internet who aren't who they say they are luring people into dangerous situations, etc. And if anybody in our group had safety concerns, I'd totally understand. I thought my husband might be leery of the idea when I brought it up to him, but he was quite enthusiastic. He gave me two big thumbs up!

Well then, this is what I propose:

I have all your email addresses, so why don't I start by sending out an email and we can discuss preliminary ideas, like what kind of a time frame are we talking about, possible destinations, etc. I'll wait a week or so to give others a chance to think about it and decide if they would like to be included before sending that out. Sound good?

Excited now!!

Debbie said...

Sounds good to me!

Mr. & Mrs. Traylor said...

Sounds dangerous to me. If I can read this invitation, how many other stangers might take you up on this invitation ? I agree with your idea...private e-mails would be the better choice, I mean I could be Jack-the-Ripper getting free information about where to find you on your little get together.

Jamie Dawn said...

This is PRETTY DARNED forward of you being that we only JUST MET!!!!

Thanx for dropping by my blog. :-)

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Would you accept an entuhsiastic MAYBE!? LOL

I've done this before with a online infertility support group/message board I was on. It turned out fine - so fine that we still talk weekly and each of our kids are 6-8 weeks apart! *wink*

DaHubby had his concerns for that first meet but we took precautions, met in a public place, with our spouses (we had no babies at the time) and it worked out fine.

Now, she and I are only an hour apart. I get the feeling that there would be some greater long-distance traveling involved in this venture! *wink*

And, since I may be starting a new job soon - our desire might be there but the time won't so let's see how things pan out.