This is me, trying to act like I don't care

Next week I will be practically kid-less!! Woo hoo!

Alli leaves for Ottawa tomorrow morning and Brent is going to a friend's cottage Tuesday afternoon. That just leaves Kirk, who is often at work anyways.

I always miss them like the dickens when they are gone, but I am looking forward to getting into their bedrooms to do a really good cleaning in there. (Yeah, for real. And if you don't understand that impulse, clearly you do not have teenagers living in your home.)

It'll be nice for Ken and I to get some extended one-on-one time.

Plus, you know, we can neck on the couch without having to hear "Get a room!". Heh heh...

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Ah-oh!! It sounds like you are planning are going to have it made!!

I like the quiet time,(when the kids are gone) but I am always glad to see them come home, so I know what you mean about missing them.

Oh, and congratulations on getting some alone time with your hubby!

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, time for some major making out time, lol!!

Blog is no more said...

Sounds like a good week to me! I crave that alone time with my hubby and no kids. I love my kids dearly, don't get me wrong but it would be nice not to hear "Mom, come see...", "Mom, Mike is looking at me!" " Mom, .." for at least a few hours. Somedays I want to change my name!! Have fun!

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

LOL Yea, I can relate...told DaHubby during our "date night" Friday night - it's so good to actually *hear* your voice without having to raise mine over the din of children!" LOL

Marilee said...

Hi Anita!
Sorry I've been away so long... read the comment I left on Debbie's blog for more on that subject.
I wanted to update you on Amy & Darrel. They moved to WA state almost a year ago - Sept 2006. They both have decent jobs there and are keeping up with their bills, plus going to weight watchers. They do have a car but I believe they utilize public transportation to get to work and back most of the time to save money - plus I think they often work different shifts and at different places. They seem like they're doing okay... at least on the surface, but things between Amy & I have continued to have a lot of stressors and our relationship is still somewhat strained. We can have a nice conversation on the phone, as long as we don't touch on certain subjects or go too deep into things. Next month they're driving back here to Ohio for a visit. Darrel's mom has been real sick and is currently in a nursing home and they want to spend some time with her. So while they're in Ohio they're going to visit us too - we're about 2 1/2 hours from Columbus where his mom is. I don't know how things will go, but I'm just praying that we can all shine SO BRIGHT from the inside out that she will SEE proff of Jesus in us without any words needing to be exchanged... and I'm praying that we'll be a good example of love, forgiveness, gentleness, kindness, patience, and that we'll be fully open to whatever God wants us to do/say and just follow His leading with full trust.
Well... I guess I better get going. I have a ton of stuff I need to get done in the next hour!
Love you always! Marilee

Unashamed said...

Oh Marilee, so nice to hear from you! Thanks for the update on A&D. I lost track of them when they moved to Washington - I remember Amy posted a few times when they first moved but then that was it.

I'm sorry to hear that things between you are still difficult, but I continue to trust this to the Lord. You DO shine sweetie and to be honest, I have always thought that Amy does see her Saviour but isn't ready to stop resisting Him. So...patience, right? Please do tell her I say hello when she visits. Do they still have those cute little dogs? Wiggles and...I forgot the other one.

Take care and keep in touch - love Anita

Marilee said...

Yes, they still have wiggles. He is their only dog. They had two cats, Chaos and Patches, but Patches ran away before they moved and Chaos is now living with my parents (who also live in WA.)

A&D have 2 other kitties now, I think but I don't know their names.

Thank you for your faithful and continued prayers!!! I too trust this all to God and don't stress about it much anymore. God has taken away my Spirit of fear and replaced it with calm and complete trust in HIM. Amen! Our God is an awesome God!!!!!

How are all of you???

Love ya! Marilee

Anonymous said...

Good words.