Five things I love about Jesus

I was tagged by Erika for this. Here are the "rules":
  • Those tagged will share 5 things they "love" about Jesus.
  • Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
  • Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.
Five Things I Love About Jesus

That he knows how fragile we are and provides for us in our weakness by way of Word and Sacrament.

That in him I am joined with all the saints, those here on this earth, and those who have gone on in glory.

That he gave his life not just for those who love him...but for those who hate and deny Him as well.

That in Holy Baptism, he appointed me and made me one of his own.

That through his Spirit he patiently and lovingly draws me back to him when I am outside of his will.
Oh boy, who to tag? I'd like to hear from Sara (who always has good stuff to make me think), Beth and Debbie (ditto), Marilee (I hope she sees this), Leigh Ann (double ditto) and oh, what the heck, Kitkat too! I can't choose everybody I'd like to because I've got to leave some others for you guys to tag as well. I hope you ladies play, I've really enjoyed reading the responses of others.

11 comments:

Denise said...

I really enjoyed your answers.

Dapoppins said...

Only five things? But you gave such great answers.

Jamie Dawn said...

You've got a new look to your blog.
Very lovely!!

Jesus is...
1. LOVE
2. FORGIVENESS
3. LIFE
4 ETERNAL
5. HOPE

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Just posted my response.

Trying to hyperlink. Hope this works!

Courtney said...

Great answers! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lisa said...

Hey girlfriend! I've been SO out of the loop with Wyatt home and now with in-laws visiting. Thanks for being so sweet to comment on my page. I love your new look and your answers on this post. Happy July 1st and you are an honorary American for getting 9 out of 10 answers right on that quiz! Woo Hoo! You also ROCK my friend!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Debbie said...

Anita, I am going to do this.... :)
I plan to get it done later tonight or tomorrow. (Hopefully)

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KitKat said...

I had a really hard time narrowing it down to five. And I must say that your answers are so much beeter than mine! ;)

Marilee said...

Oh Anita! I feel so honored to have been tagged by you... I just happened to see Debbie's blog about this before knowing you tagged me so I put my list on her comments section and then I posted it on my own blog as well...

Now I'll paste it here:
I completely agree with and identify with your list, Debbie!!! I love Jesus so much... although it took me a long time to tell Him because of how unworthy I felt. But in spite of the fact that I still don't feel worthy, I KNOW He accepts my love and that because of HIS gift of life to me, HE makes me worthy.

I love Him because He first loved me.

I love Him because He gives me such deep joy and assurance.

I love Him because He KNOWS EVERYthing about me - and He still loves me anyway!!!

I love Him because He teaches me through His Word.

I love Him because He speaks to me when I take time to really listen! He speaks directly to my heart and mind, and there is no way to mistake His voice!!!

I love Him because He lifted me out of the darkness and into the light and truth!!!

I love Him because He is with me always and there is no burden that He won't carry for me.

I guess that's seven instead of five, but I could write so many more... HE IS THE GREATEST!!!