A short update

I have my hands full with teenage angst right now. *One* teenager in particular. Our whole family covets your prayer right now. It feels like everything is coming apart at the seams right now. Things will settle down eventually - they always do - but while we're in the midst of it its hard to remember that we are being held in His hands. I hate sin. I hate that there is sin in the world and that it infects me and those that I love. I hate that despite the fact that I am a new creation in Christ, the old Adam still resides in me and I sin and I despair over it. I need the Eucharist desperately. I have no strength of my own and I need the body and blood of my Lord. I can't wait until Sunday. If I called my pastor he would come and bring it to me but I hesitate to call because then he might see how horribly wrong things are in our lives. What is the matter with me that this pride would keep me from the comfort and strength offered to me in the supper?

8 comments:

a soldier's wife said...

I'm praying for you....

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, sweetie. I'm sorry for the teenager angst filled week(s). As scary as it may seem, I'd say step out and be transparent with your pastor. Most likely, he'll think nothing of it and be eager to serve and care for you!

KitKat said...

Praying for you.....

Sue Bee said...

Prayers for you...

Blog is no more said...

Praying for you all, Beth is right, call the pastor!

Unashamed said...

Thanks ladies. It is ALWAYS comforting to me to know that others are praying. I appreciate it so much.

Debbie said...

Dear Anita,
I saw this late (11:20pm), but praying for you......

Andie said...

Praying...